Monday, December 08, 2008

Revelation #217

No matter how much you love something, if you try to force it to fit into a place where it doesn't belong you will ultimately destroy it because it will not be what you originally fell in love with.

That is the lesson that I learned this weekend.

I have been dating a person that is wholly remarkable for the last 3 months, but our lives are just... different.

She enjoys going out with her friends and getting a little buzz. I, on the other hand am not a drinker.

I NEED to express my faith in Christianity in order to be at peace and well balanced. She's still angry at God and it's difficult for me to have conversations of faith with her and most definitely cannot pray with her or have a Bible study with her.

There are other areas as well where we don't line up, but we genuinely like each other.

So, when I exhibit he disciplines in my life that make me who I am, she feels as though I judge her and expect her to live by the same rules. Even though that is not true, it's causing her to feel guilty and about some areas in her life and she struggles with changes - not based upon religious conviction, but based upon relationship with me.

This weekend, I had the opportunity to hang out with people of faith. I took the weekend to spend time with people that share my same struggle with morality, with living out Christian values... it was good.

I was just feeling unfulfilled. Unhappy. Empty. And I know that she was sad as well over many things as well. I hope that she takes the opportunity to find someone that appreciates and loves her for who she is because she truly is a totally remarkable person.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on this. You can get along with someone perfectly and still not be made for each other. Relationships are a balance of so many things. You need to have your basics met like: morals, values [which include your faith], outlook on life, honesty, etc. There is no compromise on those! Otherwise it won't work.
[Morena]