Friday, June 24, 2011

Yeah... not so much...

When I was a teenager I wasn't the type of person that attracted good looking women. I was always the friend.

When I was in my 20's, it wasn't much different... but I DID get my first "real" girlfriend. She weighed at least 50 pounds more than me. Didn't quite know what to do with a girlfriend, but we had a child and were married for 15 years.

When we divorced, and I started dating again, it was more of the same... the world wasn't ready for someone that was nice and genuine as me. I had a lot of first dates.. not very many 2nd dates. I dated a few women - but none of them lasted over 3 months. Primarily because I didn't want to compromise. I couldn't be in a relationship with someone that was shallow or needed to be in a relationship. In my mind, I raised one wife, couldn't raise another one.

So, now I'm in my early 40's... I met this incredible woman... married her. 

More on this topic later... 

No comments: