Monday, August 15, 2005

Over already???


This image is from Christophers 13th Birthday Party.

It amazed me how much parental involvement is expected today. When I was younger, there were far fewer activities to participate in, less ALL DAY television programming targetted at kids, fewer video games... and I think we were smarter... (just kidding).

Anyway, we had a middle school picnic yesterday at Oak Mountain State Park. This was a time for the 6th, 7th and 8th graders to get together to meet eachother and welcome in the the 6th graders. An opportunity for the parents to connect with eachother and meet the staff who is going to be working with the kiddies.

It was a regular family event. We even played family games. Joshua got to have his head covered in shaving cream and have cheetoes tossed it him, I won the egg toss... I had a good team mate. We would have kept going, except I fumbled the egg on a 30 yard toss and dropped it at my feet.

Joshua and Caleb ran into the lake at Oak Mountain and got to ride home in their underwear... ah... memories.

No comments: