Thursday, August 18, 2005

What about Bob???


The big question is... what's going on in my life? My life is actually fairly simple. I wake up in the morning, get ready and go to work. After work, I come home, help the kiddies with their homework, cook dinner and then try to relax... Life is really kind of good and simple. The way that I like it.

In all honesty, I've been working in Informatoin Technology since I was 17 years old. 2 years from now marks my 20th anniversary working in this field... and I think I'm ready for a change.

Lately, I've been trying to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life. I'm trying to decide if I want to go back to school, if so, what I want to do. The only thing that I know for sure is that I'm ready for a career change.

When I first entered the "computer world" - it was a well formed world. You could know it all and truly be an expert. Now, there are a lot of sub par solutions and people don't treat it like the art form that it is... I'll hop off my soap box.

So, the question is - "what am I thinking about doing in my second career?"

I was thinking about becoming a musician - but that would involve travell... and something called skill. I'm not "bad" - but I'm not good enough for that.

I do run a recording studio on the side - but I sow my recording talents into small ministries... I walk them through the copyright process, help them make a press kit, help them record and package high quality CDs so they can support their ministry.

There's a philosophy that says "enjoy what you do and the money will follow" - I'm in the process of trying to figure out what this is for me.

The good news is... I have time.

No comments: