Monday, November 16, 2009

Thinking happy thoughts...

A lot of times when I enter into a new relationship I miss the euphoria that is generally present. There usually is a bit of anxiety in wondering what the person thinks about you... are they actually going to hang around...

There really is a lot of fear. For me at least.

I guess you can chalk that up to my own set of insecurities. The number of false starts that I've had in the past - where I've been interested in people and for some strange reason, they run...

Well... the person that I'm currently seeing... we've been together for almost 2 months. We spend a LOT of time together and it's as new and as fresh as it was in the beginning.

It's great!

We talk, we act silly... we have this really odd balance that's really pretty rare.

So... I was sitting there the other day, patiently waiting for the other shoe to drop when it suddenly hit me...

I hold the key to happiness firmly in the palm of my hand.

All I have to do is embrace it, live in the moment and have fun.

THIS is what being at peace feels like... cool.

No comments: