Thursday, May 26, 2011

The countdown says...

So... in 15 days I will no longer be a single man. I'll be married. I will have a wife. I will be a husband.

Interesting.

So... how do I feel about this?

That's a good questions.

I feel good.

I mean, the first time I got married out of obligation. I married this woman that I barely knew that I knocked up when I was in college. For 15 years we had a really weird relationship based upon the fact that we had a family together and really not much else in common.

To some degree, she resented me for her predicament, and if I had to be totally honest - I probably held some resentment too.

The result of all of this was that I truly became gun shy and I never thought that I would marry again. I set my expectations very high and I was ready to end things at the drop of a hat.

I always believed that I would settle down if I found that one person that got relationship the way that I did, but when it comes to dating, I was pretty sure that my viewpoint was definitely not the norm.

I mean... open and honest communication. Who does that? Everyone basically lives in some weird sort of shame...

Trust? Everyone has been done wrong a million times, so trust is hard earned.

Faith in God? That impacts the way you live your life??? Mostly in word only, never in deed or action.

That's where I set my bar.

I also thought that I could teach someone these things... thus the 2 year plan. Learn my system...

But you can't teach someone how to be something that they naturally are... so I changed my tact. I started looking for people that naturally possessed these qualities.

Well... I found her.

In 15 days we'll be married.

And in my mind... that's the way it should have been since the beginning.... so, I'm at peace.

No comments: