Sunday, August 30, 2009

Blurred vision...

My rose colored glasses are broken and my vision is blurred.
I thought she called my name, but I misheard.
It was oh so clear, was I imagining things?
Will I ever find my queen in this land of kings...

Or something like that...

I wanted to wax poetical for a second and introduce a little whimsy because what I have to say is serious.

Serious

When it comes to matters of the hear, my vision is blurry and I'm pretty sure I'm half blind.


So, last week I was talking about this really beautiful woman that I went to visit. I talked about how great the visit was, how great a time we had... and I'm now convinced that I missed every single signal that she was sending saying - "ahem, I'm not interested... I'm just being polite here..."

But... in all honesty, that's not the part that frustrates me. The part that frustrates me is that I was more interested in her beauty and was willing to accept things about her that I would have never accepted from anyone else.

I am willing to compromise in matters of the heart?

I suppose... for a moment... but how long will that moment last?

The other thing that frustrates me...

is that I realize these things, then go back to the basics... again... which is where I am... now.

Basically alone.

And I'm okay with that...

No comments: