Friday, September 02, 2005

First game of the season...

Christopher had his first football game of the season last year.

On Thursdays, the 7th and 8th grade teams play.

The 7th grade team looked very good. They were well coached, executed flawlessly.

The 8th grade team looked like a bunch of disoriented 5th graders.

A lot of parents were upset because the coaches aren't substituting.

They also were making very questionable play calls. For all you football fans out there, here's a summary of the play calling...

Every 3rd and long, run a reverse to the strong side. (Ummmm yeah).

Every 2nd down, run up the middle.

No passing game at all... and the same players kept making the same mistakes over... and over.

We don't mind losing, if everyone gets to play. We can lose playing everyone as well as we can playing the same 11 players on both offense and defense.

I was a little excited that Christopher got to get in to play. I grabbed my camera and tried to snap the above picture. I missed my target a little and all you can see is his life leg. I circled it in the above picture.

I think Christopher got in in the 4th quarter for 2 plays... which was more than we can say for some of the other players.

First game results?

No comments: