Tuesday, July 10, 2007


What makes a house a home?

Is it the memories? Is it the people that live in it? Is it the physical structure? Is it the place that you sleep?
I guess I'm about to find out.
My never ending divorce is now virtually over. My ex is moving out of the house... and with her - our sons.
This, to me is a heartbreak like no other.
I miss sitting down and having Caleb come and climb in my lap on a regular basis or climbing on my back just to be close.
Jam sessions with Joshua laying down the rhythms on the drums.
Christopher telling stories of his might sports exploits including sound effects.
I can tell you that my home is more like a house without having them there.
I'm trying to rearrange the house so that a shrine isn't set up to where they used to be...
But how do you make something this abnormal normal?
I think I'm going to dedicated this blog to the time that I spend with them... That's the best that I can do for now...

No comments: