Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Reading...


I rediscovered my love affair with reading last night. It's starting off as a rocky love affair, but we're in negotiation.
It was amazing how much my mind was wandering - how many times I had to go back and re-read the paragraphs. But it was good. Very good.
I can recall when I was younger, all I would do is read. Hours upon hours of reading. Fiction, non-fiction, historical fiction - how to's... didn't matter.
But somehow, I've migrated into the microwave culture where I have the attention span of a gnat.
Even when I look at the paragraphs that I write in my blog, they are rarely over 2 or 3 sentences.
I may have to start working on my attention span.
Any ideas on how to do this?

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

You know, my attention span (my ADD) has been incredibly bad lately. I'm the same way - used to read, for hours on end, even while walking down the hallway. Now, I can barely make it through a paragraph in House of God. What's the damn deal??? &=(