Thursday, November 20, 2008

The "L" Word

I love this picture, it's filled with irony.

As one that understands sign language, all of the signs are shown wrong; however, the message comes across clearly.

This begs the question... is there a right way or wrong way to say "I love you"?

The answer to that question is a resounding yes. There was a book written on "love languages" that basically says hat there are 5 basic ways people demonstrate love:

  • words of affirmation
  • quality time
  • receiving gifts
  • acts of service
  • physical touch
I am a "quality time" and "physical touch" type person. These come easy for me. I give them freely.

The most difficult for me to give is words of affirmation.

The problem is, people that you date want to hear that you love them or that you think they are the cat's pajamas.

It's possible to love someone and miss them and think about them constantly, but how to you convey that to someone that in a way that they understand it.

This is complicated.

Seems as far as I've come, I still have a long way to go.

I think I'm going to have to explore this one further.

No comments: