Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Try this...




Did it work?

It didn't for me either. But you still tried.

While I was driving into work today I had a little revelation. Who I am in the middle of turmoil and stress is different than who I am when things are all peaches and cream. When things are going well I tend to lose focus on who I am and what the important things are in life. I tend to complicate things by over thinking, 

I make mistakes.

When things are difficult, when there's trouble - I tend to focus on the problems at hand. My true character shows up. I am the person that I would like to be. Disciplined, focused, contented.

Maybe I missed my calling in life. Maybe instead of being a software engineer I should have been a fire jumper or a member of a SWAT team... something that requires me to throw all of my focus and energy on resolving a problem.

I dunno.

Funny... I'm 39 and I'm still figuring me out.


No comments: