Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What happened???

Anyone that knows me knows that I live my life with a series of self imposed controls and constraints that no normal person would voluntarily impose upon themselves.

What strikes me as odd is that these controls have shifted from being in place to help me grow and achieve new things to being somewhat of a cage that hinders me instead of propels me forward to achieve new and great things.

Don't get me wrong, I am really happy with who I am. I know what I like... I know what I dislike. I know what I'm comfortable with... but in the grand scheme of things, I am living inside my comfort zone and still applying and adding constraints.

It's like I've lost focus and have just started to live a passive unexamined life that has been running wild like a ship without a rudder. I have started living my life by what makes other people happy and forgetting that I have a stake in the whole thing.

I need to have a plan. I need to determine: 1 month, 3 month, 6 month goals.

No comments: