Friday, March 26, 2010

Life saver to the rescue...

You know, I have some friends that think I'm co-dependent, while others think I have a god complex trying to save the world.

I don't think that I'm co-dependent because I don't need to be needed. As a matter of fact, I tend to tune out to people that NEED to talk to me. I tend to shy away from people that only want to talk about what's going on in their world.

I like balance.

I understand that life is hard, and we all go through stuff... but you can't dump all your stuff on my without giving me the chance to dump some of my stuff on you. That's what friends do... the vent... then get on with life, right?

Okay... I've digressed, a little... where was I? Balance... right.

Some people think I have a god complex because I have such strong opinions about the way the world should be. I have to admit, that I do have a rather unique view of the way the world is, and I do really believe that people should at least be open to my perspective. Not because I have any original ideas, but because at the root of it all, I will simply point you to God. (Not in the Bible bashing way... or in the Jesus is your best friend kind of way... I won't go into this now... but I may at some other point in time.)

I like throwing a life saver out to anyone that may catch it. Life is hard, and we all need a little help sometimes (humming to myself... "I'll get by with a little help from my friends...")

A new friend of mine, probably one of the most balanced and caring people that I know called me with some distressing news.

I wanted to throw her a life saver, but instead... told her a joke, I think.

This is one of those times that I wish I did have a magic pill to make things better, or even the right words to say.

I don't.


1 comment:

SimpleCadence said...

being there counts...inappropriate jokes and all.