Sunday, April 04, 2010

11:45pm

And my alarm clock is not set for 5am... but for 4:30am.

I am not asleep. I have a slight twinge in my lower back from laying improperly so I can type on my computer. I'm watching the move "Love Happens" again in hopes of finding some meaning.

Honestly, I know that meaning isn't going to come from a movie... it may be found in a book.

So... maybe... just maybe I'm creating a diversion.

It's not only possible, but it's probable.

So, here's what's on my mind for the evening.

I keep people at arms length. It's self preservation. If you keep people from getting close, then there is no chance that they will hurt you.

Sometimes, I'm still that wounded kid that grew up in central NY.

I've been in protection mode for so long, I'm not sure I know how to tear down the walls.

There... 3 truths... 3 truths that sum up who I am...

"Devote 5 minutes a day to smiling... just smiling, and after a while, it will come naturally" - that leading character in the movie that I'm watching just said that.

There's a lot of truth in that. It falls into the make it until you fake it category.

I think it's time I close my eyes and pretend to sleep. I'll write on those 3 things later on in the week.

Peace yo.

2 comments:

SimpleCadence said...

Looking forward to the addendum.

Disha said...

One of the sayings that I live by is "You don't get what(or who) you want, but you get what you THINK you deserve." This has rocked my life and made me look at what I truly think I deserve. Maybe it can help you.
Cheers.