Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Ugly Truth

Okay...

I think it's time I came out of the closet.

Over the past few years I've met a lot of women and rarely dated any of them.

I used the excuse that they weren't quite what I was looking for. When people would ask me what I was looking for, I would be very vague.

Well, it's time for me to come out of the closet and really explain in detail the type of person that I'm looking for.

First and foremost? She has to be a woman.

No surprises there...

What's next?

Everyone has their superficial list - I am no different. I would prefer someone between 4'11 and 5'4 tall, blah blah blah... but there's more to it than the superficial.

First, I am looking for a woman that has a deep faith in God.

I am a man of faith. I'm not perfect. I've made mistakes, but I generally across my life have always tried to be a man of God.

When I am with a true woman of God it frees me up to not compromise. I can spread my wings and do a relationship the only way that I really know how. It is a powerful thing to join hands with the person that you are with and pray. It's powerful. Very powerful.

To extend that... when I can open up my Bible and have a conversation about what I believe and talk with someone that brings the same fervor to the table is incredible.

There are many different bonds that exist between people. There's attraction, animal attraction, lust, love... sexual... the list goes on. When it's based on something deeper, then it feels different.

At least to me.

Other than that? She has to be attractive to me, and attractive to me takes on many different forms.

Now... the secret is out...

No comments: