Wednesday, June 09, 2010

The ball and chain...


So... I met this woman about a month ago.

She was singularly one of the most beautiful women that I ever met with a sweet personality. She was a communicator and had a great relationship with God. Everything that I ever looked for.

The problems were:
  • She had a very fragile ego - she lacked the ability to see things any way except for hers
  • She was fairly judgmental, she could go on for hours about how people "got it wrong"
  • She viewed me through the filter of every guy in the past that ever did her wrong
  • She couldn't live out of my past
It seemed like every week I would have to struggle to work through problems and it was always me seeking the mitigation of what ever craziness was going on in her head.

I know I should have run away when I saw these tendencies... but I didn't. We had the ability to work through things...

BLAH

Anyway, things ended abruptly and poorly.

The funny thing is, I was kind of relieved.

One of the many restrictions that she placed on us was a strict "no kissing" policy... yes, no kissing until the wedding day.

I fought for her... but there was no emotional connection at all.

I probably would have walked earlier if I would have blogged about it...

I need to get back to writing here more frequently.

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

Amen, friend. One thing is, my blog has never let me down. I'm really sorry to hear about her. I'm going through a similar crisis, in that I can't seem to pull it all back together. I think I'm going to stay away from FB for a while and just hang out here. It's just all becoming too much. I've become highly disorganized, and with all the stuff I have going on, I can't even seem to focus on anything. I'm going to start getting rid of the "things" I have here, because I don't know what's going to happen to me, whether I move or just leave the earth entirely. I don't need things holding me down.
As always, I wish you well. We'll find our places in this world...or we won't. Who knows anymore?