Wednesday, August 03, 2011

A familiar feeling...

My leg muscles hurt. Primarily my calves and hamstrings. I did day #2 of the insanity work out yesterday. There was a lot of squatting and jumping. Usually, when I head to the gym and work out on the machines (Cybex, treadmill, elliptical, the new fangled stepper thing) - I can work out hard, not bother to stretch and do it again the next day with no issues.

With Insanity... I feel it. my body feels like it had a work out.

This is the 4th or 5th time that I've started Insanity. Generally, my body gives out before I do. I end up suffering from muscle fatigue and I can't make it through the work out by the end of the 2nd week. I see improvements, I just can't sustain the work out.

I eat very cleanly when I do something like this. There's no need to defeat yourself by eating poorly and working out this hard. Although I'm 92% vegetarian, I consume an adequate amount of protein and I supplement with protein bars in between my major meals.

I'm doing something different this time, I'm actually using real supplements!

Here's my eating day:

8am   - Oatmeal
10am - Zone Perfect Bar
12am - Lunch (Usually a chicken, vegetable, pasta medley)
2pm   - Zone Perfect Bar
4pm   - Dinner (Tempeh or Tofu)

I'm using the following supplements:
Jack3d - pre-workout
MDrive - breakfast/lunch
GNC Mega Men Sport - breakfast

We'll see how this works out...

2 comments:

ZonePerfect said...

Sounds like you've been working hard! Happy to hear you're a ZonePerfect fan! What is your favorite flavor? ~Brittany @ZonePerfect

Life... is for the living... said...

I like the chocolate mint for my mid morning snack and the sweet and salty trail mix for my afternoon snack.