Monday, February 25, 2008

Humble Beginnings

Well… this is me… 226 pounds. 44% Body fat. Sucks. I know how I got here. Slowly, deliberately. I miss being 180 pounds of rippling muscle. Every year I say I’m going to start the process of getting back in shape. I’ve been doing it every year since I was 30.

Honestly, this is an improvement. A few years ago I weighed 275. I recall how much hard work and dedication went into losing 50 pounds. I’m also really proud of myself for maintaining without weight gain over the last 2 years.

Well, I’m making the big push again… honestly. Target? To lose 35 pounds… get down to 190.

The key is proper diet and a lot of exercise. The hard part is staying motivated. So, I’m going to use this blog in order to give you weekly updates as to how I’m doing.

So… here is my starting point… Monday check in… 226 pounds… 44% body fat. Arrrrgh…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

50 pounds is fantastic! You're over 1/2 way there. You can do it... and the other things you want to accomplish. My thoughts are with you!