Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Just because...


Just because you can see doesn't mean that you can see.

I remember when my oldest son had his first eye checkup. When we took him in to pick up his glasses I remember what happened when we walked outside. He looked up and saw the clouds, the trees across the street - his whole world was brought into sharp focus and on the whole trip home he was looking out the window at what appeared to be a new world.
I had a series of these moments over the past month. When my contract ended leaving me unemployed for the time being, I've found myself with a lot of free time (in between job hunting). I've found out a lot about myself spiritually, emotionally, physically. I now view myself in a whole new light.

Things are falling into sharp focus... over the next couple weeks I'm going to start posting about these changes in my life. The things that I'm struggling with... this... could be interesting.

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

*tee hee* I need to get my glasses, too!