Friday, February 19, 2010

Follow the rules...

When it comes to dating, I have rules. One very important rule is:

Don't chase... it makes you look desperate.

This is important for a few reasons.

1) If you chase, you look desperate. Looking desperate is very unattractive.

2) If you chase, you look a little unstable. If you want someone too much, then you seem insecure.

When approaching someone, you want to be confident and a high value person. Get it?

This past week I have been preaching this to a friend of mine that has been chasing this guy like a hungry lost puppy.

Well I had a chance to test the theory. I met ts travel nurse . Actually I've known her for about a year. She's getting ready to come from the east coast to the west coast and "invited herself" to stop by for a weekend, since we've been hitting it off so well on the phone.

Well, she is suppose to come to town tonight and last night - yesterday - was the the first day that I didn't get her standard good morning message to me: good morning sweet cheeks.

I sent her a good morning message... no reply.

Around noon I sent her a joking message about her going away party.

Around 7pm I called to check in on her...

I shouldn't have made that phone call.

I should not have made that phone call.

I should not have made that phone call.

Well... here's the game plan... I am not going to call her again. Even if I never hear from her again.

The object is also not to appear desperate.

As much as I hate games, I know that I cannot answer her phone call when... if... she calls the first time. I have got to let it go to voice mail.

If she texts, I can't reply for about an hour.

It SUCKS...

But this year, I am following new rules:

  • value yourself
Yeah, keep it simple...

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

lynns said...

You should watch this video finding romance?? at http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnext=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=9R1hAuOCetI&v=kS3daONrwCo

It's by an Australian living in Japan, but that doesn't have anything to do with the video. The video just has some great advice.