Sunday, February 07, 2010

Hello... my name is...

When ever I go through the whole break up thing I always take a moment to blog and to figure things out.

Here's what I've figured out...

When it comes to dating, I'm relatively insecure.

Sad, but true.

I tend to date people who are interested in me and not people that I'm truly interested in. And that's just because they are willing to spend time with me.

Many of times, these people have issues and problems that I'm willing to overlook at first. Maybe it's loneliness, more than likely, it's my own insecurity - that I can't really do better.

Inevitably, what happens is we start dating, the "honeymoon" phase is gone, and I begin to see how messed up their lives truly are... I panic and want to run.

I am not saying that I'm perfect. I know I'm not. I have my own issues, but I tend to run from the following things:

  • Women who want to move in too quickly
  • Women who want me to cut off all my old friends
  • Women who are too attached to their ex's emotionally
  • Women who want me to change into what THEY want me to be
So... now I'm concentrating on me... and correcting this little known flaw.

I can be your friend... I can be your rock... I can't be your boyfriend AND rock.

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

Eventually, you'll find someone to whom you can be her perfect rock and boyfriend...but I think that takes time and lots and lots of trust.

Yeah, I'm stuck on the "previous ex" page. If I didn't love him SO MUCH, it would make me really mad. But, I almost prefer to live within memories I've made with him, as opposed to setting out and making new memories with a new person.

Talk about unhealthy...&=(