Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Guarding your heart...

My fiancée and I had an interesting conversation. I was going to have dinner with an old college friend... a female friend. Now, in my mind, this person was like a sister... is like a sister to me. However... she's a recent widow. One of the things that -L- said was that when she lost her husband, she would look at men with a slightly different way.

I don't always understand the inner thinking of the mind of women, so I have to trust the woman that I love to help guard my heart and my affections.

This is kind of new for me. New on a couple of levels... I had a wife that really didn't care one way or another. She didn't mind if I hung out with female friends... the only time she really minded anything was towards the end when she knew it was all over.

After that, I was single and the only person that I had to worry about was me, and my own opinions on who I wanted in my life... and I guarded that well.

Now... there's a new component. There's a woman in my life that loves me and cherishes me. This is kind of new and a paradigm shift in the way that I have to think about my social interactions.

Selah

No comments: