Thursday, March 17, 2011

Work isn't personal...

They say that work isn't personal. I truly believe that. If I disagree with you or whatever, I do not view the person any differently out of work. Even inside work, as long as we're not working on the same project I can be cordial, nice, whatever. HOWEVER, if we are working on the same project... it's a different story.

By nature, I am a non confrontational person. I go to work to accomplish a task. The things that frustrate me most are when there's no clear vision, people don't value my opinion, when things are done randomly with no sense of order and when there's no communication.

If you put all of those things together, the likelihood of me actually wanting to perform at my best is somewhat diminished. I will do the bare minimum to reduce MY OWN frustration levels.

I love it when I'm in charge of a team. When you give me the reigns, I will do my research from the people that know infinitely more than me... set a vision, and hold people to that vision and time table. I make sure everyone is engaged and every team member knows the direction that we're heading.

Anyway... that's my rant for today.

Just had to get that off my chest.

Now... I feel much better.

No comments: