Monday, June 09, 2008

A moment of reflection...

At around 9:30 am the world lost a great man.

My Father passed away this morning.

As many of you know, I had the opportunity to serve Mom and Dad over the last 2 months. It was humbling.

So, if you will indulge me for a moment, I want to take a moment and remember him.

My Father's Dad was a share cropper in North Carolina. 2nd generation ex-slave. He witnessed his Father getting paid $20 for a years worth of work and determined that he was not going to follow that same path.

Over the course of his life he had the opportunity to learn Arabic and French. He had the opportunity to see more of the world than most people do in multiple lifetimes.

He was an engineer, a student of psychology, an expert in radio transmissions, both micro and macro wave.

I could write stories about his accomplishments and how he's inspired me to be the man that I am.

But, for the moment, I just want to remember him as Dad.

2 comments:

G said...

I'm so sorry... your loving thoughts pay great tribute to your dad. My thoughts are with you and all your loved ones. BIG hug. BIG BIG HUG.

Life... is for the living... said...

Thank you, Blog Princess.