Wednesday, June 04, 2008

You're outta here!!!

I think everyone has a super secret list of items that they are looking for... except for me.

I'm really not sure what I'm looking for. As a result - it's very difficult for me to determine what it is that I would like in someone to date.

Therefore, instead of looking for qualities that I like, I look for things that I find annoying or things that I really couldn't live with.

I look for disqualifying things.

Just because I find something that is disqualifying, it doesn't mean that I'm going to walk away.. I have to make an assessment as to whether or not it's something that I can or cannot live with.

Does that make sense?

Disqualifying things for me are things like: the inability to listen, or being too clingy. Not being able to articulate what they are feeling or just being irrational... spitting in public places or raising your leg to pass gas while in a grocery store... yeah, that's not endearing either. Then there are obvious things like unprocessed baggage from previous relationships.

But how can you determine what these disqualifiers are? The list to me seams so random. Because there are so many different people out there with quirks that I've never seen before you can't make a list. Know what I mean?

So... if I'm interested in you as a person that's a good thing... but there are just some things that would drive me crazy. The disqualifiers.

Don't get me wrong. I have personality quirks that are disqualifiers too.

That's why I invented the whole "Time and Consistency" method to determine if there are any of these quirks.

No comments: