Friday, August 08, 2008

Oh no.... it's a moral conundrum

I am conducting a social experiment of sorts.

For all intents and purposes, I am very euro centric for a black guy. I was born in Europe and started my formal education in Europe as well.

I prefer to date interracially; however, the type of woman that I am interested in is rarely interested in me.

Or rather... would they be interested in me if I were a different race?

In a highly unethical move I joined a dating site and created to identical profiles. The exception is that one participant is white, the other is black.

I approach the same people the same way on separate days. I initiate the same conversation the same way, make the same jokes (it amazes me that people don't realize this). The differences are amazing. The "white" me gets phone numbers within the first 10 minutes.

I understand that people are looking for aesthetics, what they're attracted to. I'm honestly no different - but I can also recognize a good person and I'm willing to spend time with and go out with someone that I like as a person.

What I find slightly hypocritical is when people say they are interested in a genuine qualities. they don't just want the qualities.. they want a package.

If that's what you want... say it... but don't lie.

Okay... I'm off my soapbox...

For tonight.

No comments: