Saturday, August 23, 2008

Please be a real girl...

To catch you all up... here's what's been going on in my world...

After my 7 month sabbatical I am working again. I am working for an exceptional company - one of the largest consulting firms. I work with a lot of great people and I'm looking forward to to growing in the firm.

After the mis-steps with T-Day and Jenny, I think I have learned from my mistakes and I've changed my approach.

With Tammy, it honestly wasn't so much about Tammy. It was more about the fact that we clicked philosophically. It didn't take into account chemistry or her s a person - it was more about does she fit into my blueprint.

With Jenny, I honestly was overwhelmed with her beauty and never really felt like I was worthy of her attention and as a result never really was able to comfortably be me. I made a lot of mistakes and she called me on them and I took the lessons and learned from them.

I think both of those represented an extreme in one direction or the other.

Lately, I have been spending time with Abby.

Abby is... interesting to me. We really just talk about our life. What's going on in our world. We're learning each other naturally and comfortably instead of trying to force it because we are trying to get into a relationship.

In the past, I have been told that my standards and expectations are WAY too high and that I'll never find anyone that will live up to them. Oddly, people have said the same thing to Abby.

Anyway, we are going to meet for the first time next weekend.

All I can say is that I hope she turns out to be a real girl...

No comments: