Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Women... pay close attention...

Over the past few weeks I have talked with women friends of mine that complain about men... they complain that in relationships/courtship the role of men and women have changed. The say all the men that they meet have their manties in a bunch.

NEWSFLASH - Women, this role reversal is completely your fault!

You say that you want a guy to take control and drive the relationship, but the truth is you punish and reward in order to keep your control over the interaction. If you choose to reply... if you choose not to reply... if you delay your reply... all of these things will put men on pins and needles trying to understand you.

You want to be chased, but offer no reward. Your interaction tends to be arbitrary at best.

Please understand, I am not angry or upset... I am simply telling you what I have witnessed in my own life and in the life of my women friends. So, I'm wrestling control back. I am doing my part.

As a man, I am declaring now - I am done chasing. I am the one that should be pursued. Not the one that should be in pursuit.

I know I am a great guy, I don't have to prove it to you. You can be doomed to a solitary life where you consistently chase the same thing over and over again. I... deserve better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow ! This post really hit the bullseye. I often thought of how to put that in words but i think one can't express it in an easier way.

Very well done !

Greetings,
CoiToS