Friday, August 01, 2008

I am a mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....

I am a man... and not a piece of meat.

One of the things that amazes me about the way people treat dating today is that everyone looks at everyone like they are a piece of meat.

I tend to stay away from dating sites because you have this tiny little picture and a blurb about who you are as a person and someone who cannot grammatically put a sentence together passes judgement on you as to whether or not you are worthy to be in there life.

Great.

Don't get me wrong. I am as much into aesthetics as the next person, but I am equally as likely to approach someone that carries themselves well as I am to the traditional barbie doll that everyone is looking for - but there honestly has to be something that exists under the surface.

So, although I frequently feel like The Hunchback of Notre Dame looking at the beautiful Esmerelda screaming - "I am a man!!!!" I am still willing to stick by my original plan... I look in the mirror daily and speak the affirmation to myself.

Speaking of affirmations, I have a friend that has a letter to herself on the mirror in her bathroom and affirmations to remind her not to settle.

Maybe I need to take a page from her playbook...

No comments: