Wednesday, September 29, 2010

History repeats itself...


I had a conversation with Chi Chi last night. I was talking with one of my friends this morning and they thought that what I said was a little harsh. I don't think so, but in the heat of a moment, I'm not always sure... so I'll record the high lights here and look at it again later on to see if my opinions have changed.

Basically I said:
  • People are amazed that you've made it past the 3 month mark with me. When they ask me how you've done it and what makes you so "special" I say - "She knows how to sit in the corner, stay out of the way and be quiet."
  • I don't want to be in a relationship with someone that doesn't value their own opinion
  • I am giving you the freedom to speak your mind and offend me. I would rather have that happen than just have you sit there quietly
Tears were shed...

In her defense, she said the following things:
  • I do like you, so I don't share my opinion because I don't want to upset you
  • This isn't who I am, I know it's what I've been showing you, but this isn't me
  • I suffer from depression
Okay, points for honesty, but that doesn't draw you close to my heart... ya know?

So... why say history is repeating itself?

In a lot of ways, she reminds me of my ex-wife.

Instead of walking and saying - deal with your sh... stuff, like I have so many times in the past... I believe that I can fix her.

I've met people in the past that I've tried to fix, but they have either bailed out before the process was finished, or I bailed because the changes weren't sticking.

So... here I am again... trying to fix someone tat doesn't have the drive to fix themselves...

Not a recipe for success...

But still, I try.

No comments: