Monday, September 20, 2010

What did she say...???

It's a milestone in any relationship when someone springs those 3 little words.

I love you...

It has the potential to by like kryptonite to the healthy advance of any relationship. When a woman says this to me I usually start looking for the exit strategy.

Of course, I've also received more 3rd date "I love you's" to make me more than a little cautious about the intent of the words.

I mean really, if I had to count the number of times those words have been used as a trap - I could retire.

The natural instinct is to say "it" back when you hear it. I've done that before, then when it was time to run in the opposite direction - they would throw it back at me... "how can we break up... you said you love me... you didn't mean it?"

In my honesty I would of course have to say no... which means I wasn't honest in the first place... how paradoxical...

Anyway... where was I... oh yeah... it's been 3 months of this roller coaster ride with Chi Chi and she said those dangerous 3 little words to me.

I've held my ground. I haven't said it back. I'm patiently waiting until it's true.

When she asks me how I feel, I say - "I have feelings for you..." - even I'm not sure what they are at the moment... I know it's not love...

Time will tell...

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

Yikes.
I told new bf the other day that I loved spending time with him, then I got completely paralyzed with fear, TOTALLY backpedaled and had to rephrase my entire whatever thing I was saying. He just texted back and said, "lol I know what you mean."

*PHEW*

And, it's been almost three months for us. This is usually the time that most people start picking out dishes and crap.