Monday, September 13, 2010

It's all in the attitude

If you were to call my telephone, the last words you would hear before the beep would be "have a nice day... it's all in the attitude."

Sometimes, I need to sit back and really decide if I live by the philosophies that I espouse.

I will be the first person to say that my attitude towards dating is largely based in the fear of making the wrong mistake. My expectations are way too high, and I'm far too judgmental. I know that.

So, it's time for an attitude adjustment.

I became "publicly official" with Chi Chi.

What were the changes?

First, the belief that I'm never going to find one person that encompasses all that I'm looking for. I mean, just because I'm the total package doesn't meant that everyone else should be too... I'm just an over achiever!

So, part of it was the determination that it's okay for me to have friends that supplement the things that I need... I can have my intellectual friends and my musical friends. And it's okay that some of these are women friends as long as they don't cross the line into "friends with benefits.

So... let's see how Chi Chi deals with this and if this actually works out for me and helps me keep my interest in her without the dreaded "boredom" bug hitting.

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

Just..ahhhh, don't put all your eggs in one basket. And, DON'T FREAKING RUSH IT, for the love of all that's holy. It's been really nice, Bryan and I having a "dating relationship," with no pressure of marriage or moving in, etc. (Although, if things keep going the way they're going, with M as my roomie, I may be crashing on YOUR sofa pretty soon...) We can chill, whenever we want. We do spend a lot of our time together, but we also have our respective homes, to which we can retreat.
*sigh* I don't know that I'll ever want to live with anyone, again. I'm getting pretty old and set in my ways. I'm going to need a wheelchair and an IV to go to my kids' graduations. &=P