Monday, October 25, 2010

And 2 become one...



Most of my closest friends think I'm a serial dater.

Just because I date someone for 3 months, then call things off doesn't mean I'm a serial dater... it means I recognize a bad situation and know how to walk away before becoming too invested.

I met this woman the other week that is not giving me any of my ordinary excuses. Here's her highlight real:


  • She was married for over 20 years, she's a widow. She knows how relationships work and how to be in there cooperatively for the long run.
  • She has a faith in God that impacts her life - not sharing faith is the #1 reason for all of my break ups
  • She's confident in who she is. She knows who she is and is capable of communicating freely.

It's liberating. We talk about our pasts, and I speek very openly and honestly and she allows that. It's nice.

I'm going to be working through this and things in my own life over the next few weeks... so get use to seeing me around.

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

Well, you make the rest of us "serial daters" look good. I'm right there with you. This one has been the longest - almost five months - and we had a pretty retarded fight tonight, and now, I'm ready to call it quits. It doesn't matter who it is, I'm just not dedicated. Is it because I'm with the wrong person, or am I just a loser?

I'm moderately comforted by the fact that it's NOT just me, but I can't help wondering...why do we do this?