Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Nothing to fear but...


Eharmony guided communication has a question:

"What do you fear most about marriage?"

I always answer the question the same way. I don't have any fears about marriage, I have a healthy view of them.

What I fear most is being in a bad relationship, and I would never be in a bad relationship because I bail out too soon.

So... now I'm putting this theory to the test.

All past relationships have failed in a few areas:

1) They didn't respect my relationship with God and pull me in a direction closer to him. They wanted to establish a position in my life where they were more important than my faith in God.

2) There was some sort of communication break down.

3) They came into the relationship knowing who I was, conformed to my world view, then changed the rules and wanted ME to become them... (which usually involved drinking and clubbing - which if you really know me... would never ever happen)

Anyway, I'm seeing this woman, New Chi Chi.

New Chi Chi listens to what I have to say. She asks questions. She communicates, She's a woman of faith. She gets it.

I don't think she's going to change.

But we do get to test the theory... am I afraid of relationships??? or just bad relationships...



No comments: