Monday, October 18, 2010

Dear God...

I was thinking about my relationship with God and noticed something... disturbing.

There was a time in my life when God was an essential part. I went to church, I prayed, I read my Bible. When times were good... I would drift away. Then at the first part of hard times I would come running back with a little more energy.

Then... there was this subtle shift.

I stopped turning back to God.

I would think about him during the good times, but when the bad times or the tough times came I began to increasingly try to figure things out on my own. Sometimes, I would intentionally run in the opposite direction. I wanted anything in the HERE and NOW that would make me forget my problems if only for a moment.

I think that's what I've been struggling with for the last few months. My life has been relatively good with no stress or struggles - but it's been kind of empty.

I miss God.

No comments: