Thursday, November 04, 2010

Long distance dating

One of the things that I think may have been a detriment to relationships that I've been in has been spending too much time together.

In modern dating there is this sense that you need to spend as much time together as possible. It's as if an insecurity exists if you aren't at each others house daily...

Evenings together turn into nights together turn into living together within weeks!

That's way too fast.

Chinks in the armor that would be acceptable if you had a normal life... and independent life become exposed due to over exposure.

That is one of the reasons that I think there's good that Lisa is in Atlanta and I am here. There's distance. Instead of doing long protracted conversations for hours upon hours, we talk... naturally. If the conversation is going well, we let it flow longer. It's never forced... it's never contrived.

So... she's there, I'm here... we're building this naturally... I miss her... can't wait to see her again.

No comments: