Monday, November 22, 2010

Rain...

This morning I was thinking about water... particularly standing in the rain. There are times when I actually love standing in the rain. It's refreshing... getting drenched... feeling the coolness wash over my body... feeling each drop as it hits my skin.

Then there are times when it rains and I couldn't be more annoyed. It impacts the joy that I want to have at that particular moment. I don't want to get out in it. I would rather just curl up and sleep (yeah... me, sleep...)

Either way, whether I am enjoying the rain or not, it serves a purpose. It brings life. It waters the trees, grass, flowers.

That's kind of the way that it is with Gods Word. It brings life... it's designed to bring us closer to God. The question is... how do we feel when we hear it? Do we embrace its refreshing goodness or do we get annoyed by it because it makes our life harder at the moment?

I guess it's all in the attitude.

No comments: