Friday, November 26, 2010

Our 1st Thanksgiving...

Lisa collected her 2 teenage daughters and pre-teen son in her van and drove 3 1/2 hours to my house...

All things being equal, it was a very good day.

My kids liked her kids... my kids like her.
Her kids dig me... she likes my kids...

I have always believed that relationships are built over the dinner table, which is why there has never been a TV in my kitchen...

Over dinner we did "guided communication." The following questions were asked of all the kids...

  1. What's going on in your world?
  2. What's your favorite memory of your parent (the one present at the table).
  3. Ask your parent any question.
  4. Ask your parent's "date" any question.
My favorite question came from Lisa's oldest daughter - "What do you like about my Mom?"

When it was all done, the kids stayed at the table and talked among themselves for a while... overall, it was really good. I think we're growing closer together, and I really like this.

I am going to marry her one day...

No comments: