Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Love hurts...


I have heard it before... Love Hurts.

I am not sure that I actually believe this. I have met some people that are in co-dependent relationships where love hurts... but really, love doesn't hurt.

Love can be tough, but even in the toughness it doesn't leave you beaten up or worn.

I remember when Dad was ill and Mom was having to deal with changes in a man that had literally been a rock for years... to see him in moments of weakness and in fear.

It might have been frightening, a little unnerving, but not painful.

That's the thing about healthy relationships. They have a way of making you stronger in the good times and help define your character and resolve in the tough times.

I think that's why it bothers me when I see people that are in one sided relationships... they express their love to the other person who treats it with such a cavalier attitude that the person that is trying to express their feelings changes... for the worse. They begin to doubt themselves, second guess themselves and really begin to question their own self worth.

Yeah... love doesn't work that way. Real love has a way of helping you find your strength.

1 comment:

Scarlet said...

oh love hurts alright. my whole blog is the consequence of it.