Wednesday, February 09, 2011

I was listening to one of my favorite Pastors today and he was talking about prayer and the way that we pray. He was talking about how we use prayer as a list of things that we want God to do and indicated that we might miss the other side... which is what God is trying to do in our lives.

Philippians 2:12-13 (New Living Translation)

12 Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear. 13 For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.
We miss the fact that God is working in us giving us the desire and power to do what pleases him.

Imagine that for a moment... God, who framed the universe, the One that can do what appears to be impossible wants to endow us with the power to do what pleases him.

That's really what I want to see in my life... what things God will work out in my life... not the things that I can imagine.

Lord, help me to understand that it's not all about me. Grant me the eyes to see how you're working in me and the plans that you have. Let me walk boldly in your power and might fearing nothing... but expecting you to move as you have promised in your Word. Amen.

No comments: