Thursday, February 24, 2011

Trouble in paradise...


My relationship is fine... this, really is in reference to X. (For those that don't know... X is what I call my ex-wife)

So... our youngest son wanted to get into a private state run school program, He found out yesterday that he didn't get into the program. I decided that I needed to call him and have a conversation with him about how to handle disappointment. We talked a little about times that I've wanted jobs and didn't get them...

Anyway, I called last night to talk with him and X's future x answered the phone. (Okay... so maybe calling him her future x was bad...) The phone rang a little too long, The "live in guy" answers the phone... in a gruff way. Of course I politely say "May I speak with 'the youngest son'?"

He gives X the phone... instead of 'the youngest son'... who says multiple times:

"When you drop off the son, drop him off in the street and not in the driveway."

Now... I'm at a loss... I'm trying to work through an issue with OUR son, and this is her topic of conversation?

Well... while I was talking to 'the youngest son', I could hear X and x arguing in the background...

You know... sometimes people ask me about my 1st marriage and if I would go back... if there are things that I would change or have done differently... in the grand scheme of things I think I realize that some people get what's important... and some people don't. And that will never change.

At first, I felt a little smug hearing them in the background... then I felt sad. I may not have feelings for her, but I don't like it when anyone is in a relationship where there's control and fear.

No comments: