Monday, October 22, 2007

The final demon... silence


Silence is my final demon...

This is an interesting demon... it manifests itself in a few different ways...

It manifests itself in my going silent (thus the long periods of silence lately). I have been going completely silent... not talking with family, friends...

The second, is the most dangerous, to me... it's the silence of conviction... where you stop talking to yourself... proclaiming visions of hope for the future and the essence of who you are at your core.

It's really hard to explain this... so, I'll try it this way... Consider Bob Marley. When you see him singing, you can tell that he has great conviction and belief ragard everyting that he's seeing. That same conviction exists when he talks... you know he has a deep sense of self and belief.
Somehow... I've managed to silence that voice.
Finding it is the hard part...

No comments: