Friday, October 05, 2007

Rebellion


Rebellion is another demon friend of mine.

When I think I have clear vision and adversity comes sometimes I weather it well. Other times I just want it to end.

In times when I want it to end, I'll rebel. Instead of going through the lesson gracefully - depending on a strength that's not my own, I run headstrong into the opposite direction.
Screaming at the wind - running down the hill instead of standing there fighting and working my way upward to take the high gorund.
I guess here's an example.
I've been working out and eating healthy... so, what do I do?
I stop working out this week. Start eating out again. Even get an unhealthy amount of food from McDonalds to munch on.
Why?
Because my routine is going to be broken. Because I have to travel.
If that were the extent of what my rebellious attitude was capable of...
The Bible says rebellion is a form of witchcraft. And stubbornness is idolotry.
I can see that.
A lot of times I don't see rebellion until it's too late. I just see the consequences.
So, I don't welcome you rebellion. I loathe you and your ways.
This time, I'm not going to rebel against you, rebellion. I'm not sure how I'm going to defeat you... yet.
You are no longer welcome here.

No comments: