Monday, October 01, 2007

Who do you trust?


When I look at this picture there is one guy that I definitely wouldn’t trust… it would be the guy that’s not looking at the person that’s falling. He appears to be completely oblivious to what’s going on.

A lot of times that’s the way that people think about God. They think all their friends are looking out for them, but God is slightly distracted… maybe counting the hairs on the head of the person across from them…

Even in my life I struggle with my trust in God. I admit it freely. One of the prayers that I pray frequently is – “God, show me your will and your way.” I struggle to sit and wait and not run off and headstrong and try to bushwhack my way through the wilderness.

The question is… what’s easier? To bushwhack your way through the woods or trust in an invisible God? My life history tells me that it’s much easier to trust. When I do, my life consistently is better.

Be patient. Trust.

No comments: