Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Startling Revelation



I had a startling revelation yesterday. It came to me in the oddest way.

I was looking back at songs that I have written since I purchased my first keyboard in 1994. I have written a lot... A LOT of songs. Of the myriad of songs that I've written, the only ones that I've ever come close to completing were...

* love songs
* songs of lost love
* songs of unreturned love
* songs desiring love

Even going back to when I was married, it looks like I've been screaming at the top of my lungs that I want to love and to be loved.

This is really odd because I was married on 1992.


I think it's disturbing that I am still after all these years desiring this thing that in one song I called - "The Elusive Prize."

When I go back and look at they lyrics, the longing, the passion - it's amazing... and worrying at the same time.

Where is love? And will I ever find it?

I may explore this... right now, I have to board a plane to Denver.

No comments: