Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Adversarial Relationships

Life is filled with adversarial relationsips. It's pretty amazing. Even when I see people that are on the same team at work, people are all about trying to protect their sphere of influence. They don't want to share information because in some degree it will detract from their "specialness."


Throughout my life, I have always been the type of person that has always tried to cross the lines. I've always tried to bridge the gap between people because cooperatively, we can do more. But not everyone has the same "it takes a villiage" type of personality.

As a result, since I've always been the type of person that has tried to bridge the gap, it's difficult for me to be the person that asks for help. I always try to figure things out on my own.

One of the things that I need to do is ask for help and seek out help... not only that, but use all the resources that I have in order to do the best that I can.

So... here's to doing it right... contunuing to bridge gaps...

No comments: