Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Promise, Problem, Provision

Sometimes people wonder why people hold on to Christianity. For some, it's hard to believe that there is a God and that He is involved in the lives of people that believe in Him. Some believe it to be superstition and tend to hold on the their own self determination and their own way.

I admit it, I struggle myself, but I always come back to the same thing.

God is... and he is active in my life in a way that extends beyond fate or luck ever could.

Here is the current situation that's going on in my life where I expect God to move in a mighty way...

I have met this incredible woman. She's going to be my wife. She is incredible. She has a true faith in God, she knows who she is in the context of a relationship, she's a communicator, she's consistent. She has a sensual side, a playful side, a serious side... always appropriate for the situation. Oh yeah... she's beautiful.

I mean... she matches my secret wish list... she's the right height, has the right temperament. I could not have picked out a better person...

The promise is... that I am going to marry the woman of my dreams.

The problem is... she lives in a different state than I do. In this economy, I need a job in that city too... not just any job... it requires a significant amount of money too... I have child support that needs to be payed as well as the ability to contribute to the well being of a family that I will be joining.

In church on Sunday, Pastor was talking about Promise, Problem, and Provision... how the story of the Bible is that there is a promise, followed by a problem, then provision. The whole purpose of this is to strengthen your faith in God... so that you know that he is involved in your life... how as he continues to move you forward through life, you'll have the opportunity to see his provision. It's because he trusts you and has great things in store for you... the ability to reach and effect those that are around you.

I know it doesn't make sense... but that's God's way of getting your attention... So, when you see challenge or opportunity... try something different... try God.

No comments: