Monday, January 31, 2011

Patience... it's a virtue...

It's tough to have patience. If you really want something your mind gets fixated on it. You become irritable. This thing you want moves from being a desire to becoming an obsession... so the first time you get a chance to obtain it... you jump on it without pondering the consequences.

I was in Walmart yesterday with my sons. The cashier had a tattoo on his forearm. My youngest son remarked that it was a cool looking tattoo. In a moment of honesty, the cashier said - "I wish I wouldn't have done it, it was an impulse... you should really take the time to think about what you're getting before you do, because it will be with you for a lifetime."

In a further moment of honesty he said... "I mean... instead of getting this, it could have been a car payment or something..."

People view relationships the same way. They're alone... and they don't want to be alone... So the first person that pays them attention, they run to without thinking about the consequences, if they fit into their life... they just want to be with someone.

It quickly changes... they go from spending an afternoon together to virtually moving in with each other. 

As I've said before, they don't give each other enough time to imprint on each other. 

They put themselves at risk for overexposure, and just like in nature, things die from overexposure.

Okay... I know I've mixed a lot of metaphors...  just some random thoughts for today...

No comments: