Thursday, January 06, 2011

Phoning it in...

The past 5 years have been a blur.

I was in in divorce court for 2 years.
FINALLY finished up the divorce.
Was outsourced... Twice.
Took a sabbatical to take care of my Father... And was with him when he drew his last breath.
I took a job in another city so I could be near my Mother to help her with her transition... (my own brothers and sisters marvel at the fact that I've managed to keep my sanity over the last 2 years...)

I honestly can't say that I've been phoning in my time at work. I've gone there... I've done the job... But I can't say that my heart has truly been in it.

Until now.

Now... I realize that I have had some short comings in my performance and that I need to step up my game.

That thing inside me that wants to manage my career has re-awoken again.

So... Over the next few blogs, I'm going to work out my career vision... How to get there... What I want out of life.

This... As usual, should get very interesting.

No comments: